30 March 2011

Hopefully not a sign of things to come

This my friends pretty much sums up the type of luck I seem to posses.   After my last post where I had exchanged some Australian Dollars into American currency, during in which I quote "it appears the Universe is also supporting me" due to the unusually high exchange rate at the moment, just one day later I hear this headline on the news:

"Australian Dollar hit 29-year high"

What are the chances ha!

Sigh, clearly however the Universe is not on my side, but much rather seems to enjoy playing tricks at my expense ha.  Oh well, I am in no way complaining, I still got an awesome deal and I am still extremely psyched that I have taken my first step =)

As part as my planning for next year I am constantly reading other blogs, travel guides, travel websites and random bits of googling to prepare myself as much as possible.  There is nothing more valuable than reading about other peoples experiences, especially when they have provided a great documented account of before their trip and then during it as well.

Thus far I have found 3 good blogs who's authors have done just that; traveled and blogged about it:

-soft nonsense is a great blog about some dude who seems at times larger than life.  I haven't read through all his posts but I have gathered that he studied abroad last year and blogged about it the whole way.  While this blog doesn't help me much in the way of planning my trip, it is awesome to experience someone's trip from start to finish.

-I have only just discovered Baybeetea but it sounds like this girl has been on a huge adventure with no end in near.  I am extremely eager to sit down and read her entire collection.

-And lastly there is 20-nothings. While on first appearances this looks more like a woman's magazine website (which it basically is), this author has been blogging for quite a while, during which she moved from her hometown to New York City, formed a career, and has now recently moved across the country to... California (I think?).  Anyways, it is an exciting read to track and learn from someone who has lived, explored and aimed high.

Whilst these blogs are great, and I am sure I will gain some valuable insight into traveling and living abroad from them, I am sure there are better ones out there.  Anyone know of any?

0 comments:

Post a Comment